Saturday, September 27, 2008

Hittin' the road

Today my family is going on a quick road trip. It will be a nice, fast get away. We will probably not be eating the best while on the road. It's only a 2.5 hour drive ( give or take an hour---we have small children!)
My goal while away from my own kitchen is to make the best decisions possible. With these stupid gas prices, that means the best choices on the .99 Value Menus! If you try hard enough you can actually order some good stuff ( healthy) from those menus.
I also will be at a baby shower on Sunday so that might get a bit tricky with eating. There is usually a veggie and fruit platter at gatherings such as this. And there will probably be some funky salad with mayonnaise ( barf- I have never likes mayonnaise) that I won't be eating. I will do my best with what is offered.
And since Matt surprised me with a late night dirty meal last night. I need to be on my best behavior! I was saving my dirty meal for this weekend since I knew we would be away from home. Yesterday was tuna sandwich night and I was not feeling it at all. I had a big salad for dinner and 2 hours later I was super hungry again ( go figure). I knew better. I lifted heavy weights and did bike intervals earlier in the day and I always have a big appetite on very active days. If you ever get a chance to eat at Bennigen's Grill & Tavern, order the Turkey O'Toole sandwich. It's the best thing ever. Did I mention it came with a side of fries? Because it did and they were delicious!

No comments: