Monday, December 15, 2008

Is Christmas over yet??

I don't want to sound like a Scrooge, but this time of year is always way too busy!
Maybe it's because we love to wait until the last minute to make decisions and get gifts. Nah, that can't be it!
We finally went present shopping for the kids this past weekend. I hope to finish up this week for them and all the other people we have to buy for. We only have, what, 9 shopping days left??? Ugh........

Despite my busy schedule I am still making time to plan my menus everyday. Yesterday I had my first " free" meal since the start. I cannot believe that I forgot to plan it! That is so not like myself. It was one of my best "free" meals in a looong time.
We found some frozen ground beef in the freezer that was from my mother in law. I am pretty sure it came from a grass fed organic cow farm! I made burgers with it and it was delicious! I also used white potatoes and made some oven fries. Amara was really excited about the tater tots she thought she was eating!
We don't normally eat anything besides sweet potatoes. The main reason being that Matt has rheumatoid arthritis and sometimes white foods cause a flair up for him. I think it happens too if he goes overboard with them, and I am happy to say that he did not, and in turn, had no flair ups! Funny how that works.
Workouts are going very well. I was able to get all my workouts in last week and then some. I don't like to announce my weight/fat loss to the world (ha), but let's jsut say I am very happy with my progress thus far. I am not doing so well with drinking my water, but I am working on it.
This week is also my last day of teaching for a client until after the new year. I will miss the participants, but it is a much needed (and dare I say deserved) break from teaching. I am really looking forward to spending that extra time with the kids.
Both kids are doing great. Amara had her Christmas program at school today and it was fun to see her interact with her friends and to see Miles on the loose in her classroom.
Miles is talking a lot more and signing a lot more as well. It's a lot of fun to see his personaltiy coming out more and more everyday.
And that's today's update!

No comments: