Thursday, September 9, 2010

30 Days of Self Love--Perfection ( Day 8)


In what things do you try to seek perfection? Why do you even want it? How does desiring perfection actually hurt that area of your life? What would letting go of the hope for perfection do for you?


I can't say that I strive for perfection in any part of my life. I know that perfection is not attainable in reality, so why even think that you will ever get there. (*disclaimer*-- the 2 things that have been perfect in my life is of course the birth of my kids, but that's a given I think!). You can strive to do your best in your everyday life, but trying to be perfect will just leave you frustrated.

I do strive to do my best in parts of my life, but with that being said, I also slack in areas that I should be trying harder. Maybe I have let go too much..... I am not sure if it's the "youngest child syndrome" or what. I see my daughter ( a first born) and I see how she needs to have things "just right" and does not like to be wrong- EVER, and I hope it's just because she is 6 and not because she thinks in order for her to be loved, she needs to be perfect. I tell her it's OK to be wrong and that it is just a learning experience. I think and hope she will understand this someday.

No comments: