Thursday, August 28, 2008

At least I tried...

Well today started off a great day. Got Amara off to school w/ o a hitch. She even ate her breakfast in under 60 minutes! This is huge! She had 1 organic whole grain waffle, organic yogurt and a pile of fresh pineapple. She announced after every swallow " I just ate a piece of ______" Normally I would ask her to be quiet and just eat, but I let it slide this morning!
Amara's school is starting a sort of gym class for the atendees and it's only an extra $5 a month! I am so exicted. They will learn gymnastics, self-esteem and even nutrition. This is right up my alley. I wonder if I can sit in on these sessions.....
Miles and I were all ready to hit the gym later this morning. He was in a great mood after a most fantastic nap. The day starts to go down hill from this point.
On the way to the gym we have to stop because of construction--waiting for at least 10 minutes. So the nice man finally waves for me to proceed. I get to the gym, but what is this?!?!? The entrance is blocked off!!! So I just had to drive by. I did call the gym to let them know I was not happy about this! I refused to turn around and wait in the line of 20 cars deep to wait at least another 10 minutes.
So now I am kind of ticked off...so what should I do now? Go to my local coffee shop and a get a yummy artery clogging drink--grande please, whole milk and do not forget the whip cream-- oh and a cookie on the side! I shared the drink with my husband, but he knows nothing about the cookie......
Which leads me to admit one of my struggles...stress eating. I stress eat when I am feeling any negative emotions--it sucks too. I need to learn to reach for some carrots or water when I get all emotional. I am working on it......
I hope to come back and update my gym status later--wish me luck!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I will just assume that I did not have much luck wished upon me today............
Never made it anywhere to do any type of physical activity--poor dog did not even get walked.
Hopefully today will be different...baby steps.

No comments: