Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Let me intorduce myself....

I probably should have done this a few posts ago, but having 2 young kids to chase around I must have forgotten.
My name is Marcia ( Mar-See-A..not Marsha!) and I have been married for 5 years and have two beautiful children- Amara is 4 and Miles is 10 months.
I went to a university and obtained a bachelors degree in Movement Science ( an extra fancy way to say P.E.)
I have been a certified fitness instructor since 1998 and have never looked back! Back then
( early 20's) I was not too concerned with what I ate. I could eat garbage ( and did) 75% of the time and maintain a pretty enviable physique ( if I do say so myself). I love teaching and love to help people reach their goals. I like to eat clean--not everything and not all the time, but a majority of the foods in my house are fresh and not out of a box. We do buy organic when we can, but let's face it-- is is expensive to eat right! I am phasing out high fructose corn syrup and trans fat in my home as well. HFCS is in just about everything.
Currently, I own my own small fitness business and I also teach classes at my local YMCA. I spend any free moment reading up on the latest and greatest fitness news, gadgets and diets. I just like to keep on the up and up in the industry.
I exercised all through both pregnancies ( oh, it's a myth that when you exercise you have "easy" labors....2 hours of pushing with both and lots of other gory details I won't type).
I think I might have loved being pregnant ( I foget sometimes). I probably would have enjoyed it more if I did not get so darned big (Amara was 8 lbs 5 oz and 3.5 weeks early, Miles was 10 lbs 10 oz. and 1 week early). I ate well for the most part( we all have our moments of shame) and was teaching anywhere from 5-11 classes a week during both pregnancies!
That about sums me up.
It is my mission to try and live a fun, healthy, balanced life and teach my kids to do the same!

No comments: