Friday, January 2, 2009

Welcome to 2009!

Happy New Year all!
I hope this year will bring great thing to each and everyone of you!
This year I am going to get back to my main reason for having this blog. I am going to do better at staying true to the title. I found myself going off in tangents and not really focusing on anything besides myself (oops!)...so I made a new blog more about ME!! Ha ha!!
http://missionpossible1.blogspot.com/
My new blog is more about my fitness adventures and not so much about my family life and I hope it's just as entertaining!

OK, back to this blog!
I am also in the midst of working with another blog on doing some cool things. I will keep it a secret for now until I know it's a sure thing!! But let me just say that I am very excited about it!
AND I am going to venture into the bloggy world of reviews and giveaways! I have already contacted some very cool companies asking ( begging) for products to review and giveaway and have already heard back with some positive results!

The newest thing to happen in our household is recycling. I can't believe it took me this long to finally recycle! I am so late on that one. I cannot believe that we used to throw away so much stuff that did not to need to be thrown away! We normally had 4-6 bags of garbage a week. We are down to maybe 2 or 3 at best. Our recycle bins runneth over! One of the best things about it ( besides saving the planet and making it a better place for my kids etc. ) is how excited Amara is about it. When I told her we were going to start recycling she says " recycle means to take something old and make it new again." I wish I was the one to teach her that. It was either her school or Dora the Explorer. I am grateful for both!
I also purchased some reusable shopping bags for the grocery store and am glad that they hold more than the plastic bags do. They are only 99 cents too-bargain!

On the nutrtion front: Let's just say that the kids have been doing well! I have not been doing that bad, but I am still using the excuse of having the flu a few days ago and probably losing 3-5 lbs in a day! Just trying to gain it back I guess......

On the exercise front: There has been lots of dancing in the living room with the kids this week. Miles' number one jam is Single Ladies by Beyonce'. That kid will stop whatever he is doing..even crying to break it down! I want to record him, but he is too curious about the camera and would stop in mid twirl.
I think I have been able to really exercise every other day this week. I did make it out in the fridgid air yesterday for a nice run. And I plan on going out in the morning for 7 miles. It's so cold though. I better get to bed.
Happy New Year!

No comments: