Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Banana-Zucchini Muffin Recipe

Well I finally made the muffins I have been talking about for weeks!
They turned out pretty good. They were very moist!
I needed one more banana but I only had 2. They probably would have been a touch sweeter.
I also added cinnamon, vanilla, ,raisins and wheat germ.
Miles loves them. I like them. Matt does not hate them and Amara does not even know I made them!

18 muffins ( recipe also here )
Ingredients
1 cup zucchini, grated (I leave the skins on and use the food processor)
1 1/2 cups
bananas, mashed (about 3 bananas, I leave it a little lumpy)
1
egg
1/2 cup
unsweetened applesauce
1 1/2 teaspoons
baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons
baking soda
1 1/2 cups
whole wheat flour
1 cup
quick-cooking oatmeal
1/2 cup
walnuts, chopped
1/2 teaspoon
salt
Directions
1.Oven at 350°F.
2.Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
3.Mix banana and zucchini. Add brown sugar, egg and applesauce. Combine well.
4.In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, oatmeal, salt and walnuts.
5.Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, stirring until just combined.
6.Bake 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7.Let rest for 5 minutes, and then cool on rack.

No comments: