Monday, August 10, 2009

Garden update....

The garden has produced more green beans and one more zucchini! I am just hoping that the bell peppers decide to make an appearance sometime soon. I can wait I guess. I really have no choice. I have also given up on picking weeds. No point. They have taken over and I might as well get used to it!
We had lots of thunderstorms last week that pretty much trashed the garden. It probably looks really bad to someone that does not know that there are actually edible vegetables growing there. The weeds and all the uprooted weeds and plants and tons of dirt everywhere. Looks beautiful to me though since it's actually producing some produce. ( not a very funny joke).
Hopefully I will spot some bell peppers soon, I really want to make some salsa from my own garden. I might try my luck at some zucchini bread or muffins this week. The last time I tried it did not go so well. It was undercooked I think. I am certain that Matt ate it anyway. He eats whatever I cook, no matter how unappealing or undercooked apparently!
If you know of a healthy and easy zucchini recipe you would like to share I would love to try it out!

No comments: