Monday, August 3, 2009

Garden update....



The time has come again. Monday garden update! Exciting stuff.
I have zucchini. I guess I had no idea what I was looking for so I might have been able to make this post last Monday. I am not sure what I was thinking. I know that zucchini are heavy so they should be low to the ground or actually on the ground. I was looking for them to be hanging off the plant ( think green beans) DUH! I found a huge zucchini just chillin' in the dirt. I am sure if I entered it in a contest that it would win. Hands down. It's large. My family was excited too. Lots of cheers and squeals from the kids and a high five from Matt! I think he has been feeling bad for me since my garden up until now has been a huge disappointment. That's only partly true. Yes, I wish I produced more goods, but the process was actually fun and I have been learning a lot and teaching some as well ( to my family). I might have mentioned that this summer is not a very warm one for growing things either. We have friends that are farmers and they have not been happy with their crops growth either. I probably should not compare my little garden to a farm with acres, but I think you get my point. The moral of this post is that I might actually know what I am doing. I cannot control the weather. I am kind of excited to do this again next year. Since I am an experienced gardener and everything. I will earn my green thumb status!! I need to go and plan our menu for the next few days....I can finally add zucchini to a few meals
Anybody have any easy recipes they want to share?!?!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I am convinced if I tried to grow anything it would be an utter failure. Good to see that your hard work paid off!

MarciaG said...

Thanks Renee....
I used to think that too!
Notice all the weeds in the background; it's still amazing that anything else acutally grew!