Everyone can take measures to avoid getting sick this winter though. Getting a flu shot is recommended and also remind your household to to the following:
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Or into the crook of your elbow.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth--germs are spread this way.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- If you are sick with a flu-like illness, stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever subsides without the use of fever reducing medication.
I am kind of neurotic about hand washing, nose picking and all that jazz. Not an OCD ( yet), but I do not like seeing my kids sick. It makes me sad! I try to keep my kids as healthy as possibly through eating right, exercising and mental health as well. There is not much I can do about the kids they come in contact with on a day to day basis ( school), but I hope other parents are taking these same precautions to keep their kids well.