Monday, August 9, 2010

Winner Winner- turkey dinner!


I always wait until the last minute to make dinner on time. Well, there really is not an on time in this house, but eating by 6pm is usually how it goes. Once again I waited too late, but came up with something that is hopefully good. It's cooking as I type.

~Turkey meatballs ( lean ground turkey, bread crumbs, minced garlic, cheddar cheese and taco seasoning) I don't measure anything-ever.

~ Sweet potato fries. One savory Cajun and one cinnamon sugar mix. Yep, REAL sugar! ;-)

~ Broccoli ( olive oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper-lemon juice after it's roasted)


The best part about dinner? Amara helped with the whole meal! She is now doing the dishes ( for real!!!).

I did not want to turn the oven on today as it is super hot and humid outside and in our house ( no A/C), but I will survive. Sweating while cooking was worth it with my Lil' Chef in Training!

I only wish I had a good idea for a dessert up my sleeve!

1 comment:

Krystal said...

mmmm sounds realllly good!

i only ever really make one dessert, but i never serve it as dessert. it's always served right along with dinner. I slice up some apples and bake them with (real) butter, cinnamon and a sprinkling of (real) sugar and raisins until they're soft and syrupy. They are soooooo good. They'd be fantastic over vanilla ice cream but we never have any around to try it out on!