Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Better Oats Oatmeal Review


While shopping at a local grocery store last week I came across Better Oats oatmeal. It was new to the store so it was on sale ( score), otherwise its $1.99 for 5 packets. Not such a great deal if you ask me. I bought Abundance all natural Maple and Brown Sugar. They had Apple Cinnamon there as well. They had a few other flavors (Oat Revolution) too. It was actually a hard decision, but I thought Maple and Brown Sugar had a lot of strong selling points! It has 6 whole grains, Flax seeds and real fruit pieces. It can also be considered a good source of protein ( 5g) and fiber (4g) per serving. It also has cool things in it such a quinoa, barley and brown rice! I really like the unique packaging. The oats are in packets- and you rip the top off, pour the oats in your bowl and then fill up the empty oat packet with water and cook in the microwave for 2 minutes. They worked perfectly every time! ( I have one packet left). These oats are really good. I love oatmeal and if I have to say something negative about this kind it's that it needs more fruit. This actually is not a problem, because I like to add my own blueberries, or strawberries, or raisins or a mix of all those. I just like to make it how I want to.

I am looking forward to finding and trying the other varieties of Better Oats. I recommend this product.


* Head to Better Oats Face Book page -"Like" them and get a buy one get one free coupon! I would love to hear what you think!

No comments: