Thursday, September 9, 2010

30 Days of Self Love--Gifts of the Body 2 ( Day 9)




We need to shift the qualities with which we define them from aesthetic ones to purposeful ones. Hopefully, after completing 4 rounds of this exercise and having to come up with 12 different parts of ourselves we recognize as a gift, we will grow to love our bodies more and more.



I am not sure why these posts are the hardest for me-and I have to do 4 of them. (help).

So far I have my Body, ears, and legs from post 1.


Hands- They look old, have dry skin and the nails are non-existent. That does not keep them from rubbing backs (the kids and Matt's feet too). I am out of practice as a massage therapist, but I retained enough to do some healing when necessary! They are perfect for holding tiny hands and checking for fevers, giving high 5's and playing peek-a- boo too. Hands are great!

Taste buds- Kind of reaching here, but I love food! As a family we love food. I think we ( Miles, not so much yet) are pretty adventurous when it comes to trying new things and love flavorful things. Not just sweets either. I think Amara inherited this from both of us. One of her favorite things to eat is calamari-- the more tentacles the better!

My belly- For being a safe house for my babies. Yeah, so now it's softer and has some markings but that's not such a big deal when you think of what it did. It is such an awesome thing that I forget the pain, discomfort, the HUGENESS. I carried a living being! That's pretty amazing. I saw a 3.5 week old yesterday and it was almost instinct to rub my own belly- I hope nobody saw me !

the posted pic is about 2 months before I had Big Bad Miles ( 10lbs. 10 oz.)

No comments: