Wednesday, September 1, 2010

30 Days of Self Love--self Confidence ( Day 1)


Take a look at Tina's blog Faith, Fitness, Fun . Here is a short explanation taken directly from her blog:

"Welcome to the 30 Days of Self-Love Reflections (30 DSLR for short)!!!! For those of you just stumbling across my site and this movement, the 30 DSLR is to bring a positive change into each of our lives one day at a time. Each day will feature a new topic and message to reflect on and motivate positivity throughout your day and, hopefully, beyond. I look forward to everyone’s participation and the growth it will bring us! Here we go!"


So now it's my turn to reflect on what confidence means to me.

It means to hold my head high as much as possible. I have always been told I have good posture-- sometimes that's all it takes for me to feel confident ( or even fake it just a little bit). It gives me a feeling of confidence just by straighten up my shoulders and holding my head high. Try it!


My other main job ( besides being a mom) is being a group exercise instructor. I would have never in a million years thought I would have made this my main source of income. I was very, very shy in front of people for such a long time. I did not like to speak in front of groups or anything scary like that! In high school I did not look up while giving speeches..I just read my notes while my palms sweated and my voice shook.

When I was in college I started taking tons of group exercise classes. I loved them. I was there everyday--(in the back row!) As time went on some of the instructors approached me about teaching-- I thought they were joking. They told me how well I did in their classes and also said that I had the personality to teach--what the what?!?! Even my close friends thought it was pretty funny ( thanks guys) that I would instruct.

I had to act fast and finally just went for it. This was so out of character for me-but I felt that if it did not work out as least I tried. Well, to make a long story short I have been a certified instructor for 12 years now. I have worked in all sorts of environments with all kinds of people-- and I love it!

I am sure that instructing provided me with the lifelong gift of confidence that I am grateful for.

Other things I am confident in is that I am a great mom to my kids. I am also a great friend to the few that I have.

No comments: