Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Happy New Year!!


So I am a tad late on this. I was never one to follow the crowd!! Actually, I have just been busy trying to get back into the swing of life. Amara was off of school for a whole week! I am just not used to having her home all day anymore. I know, her being gone 3 ish hours a day is not a big deal, but I had my routine down and it was pleasantly disrupted. We had a good time too. Lots of longer trips to the gym where were both could play. We made a cake on the last day of her vacation ( Santa got her a Girl Gourmet oven--pretty much an Easy Bake Oven-but endorsed by the dude on Ace of Cakes from the Food Network). She asked at least 6 times a day to make that cake. It actually has fondant. It was nice, but the finished product could fit in her hand. She's 5. It was tiny. She gave it to my husband as a late Christmas present. She is so sweet, but let me know that the next cake will be hers. I think her little brother enjoyed having her home all day as well. Yes, they fight, but he loves her a lot and likes to do everything she does. He says everything she says etc. It's hilarious.

No comments: