Monday, June 8, 2009

Dry spell is over!

We finally have rain! Let the weed growing begin!! Oh, I sure hope I have more stuff sprouting then weeds this week. I think there is some type of green ( romaine?) growing too. Not planted by me, must be why it's actually growing! The previous owners must have had a nice garden. I am still finding pumpkin and/or squash seeds strewn about the dirt.
I was only in the garden for a little while this past weekend. My son is grumpy. He is getting teeth. I should take back the grumpy statement. He is never grumpy. A bit clingy with the teeth, but that is to be expected. We spent some time at the park and getting ice cream to get his mind off those sore gums! There will be plenty of time for the garden after he feels back to his normal self.

2 comments:

vanessa40 said...

Hi Marcia,
Glad to hear you are getting some rain. It finally stopped her the other day. My garden loved it. I got my first three squash yesterday and i will have a purple bell pepper and some tomatoes soon.
How is Miles doing..poor thing...teething sucks.
Is Amara enjoying here summer...

MarciaG said...

You lucky girl!! I hope to produce some produce too! :)

Miles is better--thanks! He just likes to be rocked to sleep...big baby!
Amara is loving the summer...we ran 1.5 miles togther today!! Lots of breaks, but she did better than I thought!