Monday, June 15, 2009

Thanks Starbucks!


I went to my neighborhood Starbucks yesterday and asked for their old coffee grounds. They told me to come back in 45 minutes to get a bad full. Grounds for your garden they call it. To my surprise they gave me a HUGE bag of grounds!! I have never used this tactic for my garden yet, but I thought I would give it a try. My mother in law says it did wonders for her garden. She is an expert gardener though, but I have nothing to lose. I just spread the grounds all around the plants ( weeds too) and that's it. I think. I guess that I should really see the effects of the coffee grounds NEXT year. But I want to see it NOW!!! Patience!!

According to the website coffee grounds have a good amount of nitrogen, calcium, sulfur, magnesium, and potassium. I guess these nutrients are good for gardens!!

I plan on going to Starbucks once a week to get some grounds. I should probably find out if you can over caffeinate a garden......

No comments: