Teach by example! We just started being more earth conscious this year and Amara had followed suite and has taught us some things along the way.
We first started by recycling items. I then bought reusable bags, use natural cleaning supplies, planted an organic garden and lots of other things. Wow..I am impressing myself!
Amara also learns about recycling in school and well as on her cartoons ( those annoying shows are good for something!).
Ways to get the kids involved:
- Let them help sort the recyclables.
- Let them help clean-- a lot of the "green" products are harmless ( just done drink them)
- Let kids help plant the garden and pick the reward. Same with trees and flowers.
- Let them turn the lights off when not in use.
- Let your kids pick out some toys and take them to Good Will
We have done most of the the things on the list, but are ready to add more things. What things are you doing to get your kids involved in Green living I would love to hear about it!