Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Biggest Loser

I just finished watching The Biggest Loser. I love this show!!!! It's a 2 hour block that I carve out every Tuesday night at 8pm. I allow Amara to stay up an extra 15 minutes so she can watch. She loves to see the people exercising and "getting healthier than the last time". The people on the show are very inspiring and motivating to watch. Jillian is such a kick butt trainer with super buff arms ( and body) that I envy! Bob is tough when he needs to be, and just a great person ( as if we hang out or something). I am actually in the midst of reading Jillian's book called "Making the Cut" So far so good! A lot of the information she gives is stuff I already know, but I have learned a few things along the way. I have already Incorporated some of her fancy weight training moves in my group exercise classes.
This week is going well. I have decided not do any heavy weight lifting of my own for the rest of the month to give my body a break. It's smart to take a break from that every so often and I admit that I rarely even do unless forced to do so. People should take a break every 8-12 weeks depending. The last real break I took was after I had Miles 13 months ago--so I am a few months overdue! I love to do cardio anyway and am liking the shorter gym visits as well.
Tomorrow I am meeting my partner in crime to take on Power Pilates again at 5:30am. Later on I plan on hitting the Zumba class for my cardio fest. I am not sure if it's because I have been less active this week, but I have not had much of an appetite. I read somewhere recently that there is no direct correlation between exercise and hunger-that after exercise you really are not hungrier than if you did not exercise. I don't believe it at all. I need to research this more because I know that on very active days ( such as today-I teach 3 classes) I always feel hungrier than on a day that I am not as active. I will get to the bottom of this!
I have not been posting about our "cheat" meals recently because they are too boring. $5 cardboard pizza one week and Taco Bell the next. Blah. Too boring to talk about.
Matt is going to make his way back to the gym. He has declared that after Thanksgiving will be his debut. He has added another day of basketball to his regime already so that's a great start. He always takes a break during hunting season.
Amara can almost do a full blow cartwheel thanks to her once a week gym class at school!
Miles has taken up the practice of "sprinting" and jumping off of anything that happens to be in his path. Boys!
I am slacking on my recipe of the week. This is the last week so I need to figure out what to make. I will post about it later this week.
I have to get to bed. 4:30am will be here soon.

2 comments:

Mary Letts said...

Partner in crime huh?!?! It felt really good today. So glad that I got my butt out of bed once again!

MarciaG said...

You know it!! I am glad WE got up too!!!