Sunday, November 30, 2008

Ready for the week to begin!

I am so ready for Monday already!!
We are going out with a bang today and getting our favorite BBQ chicken pizza. I am not sure who is more excited-Amara or myself!
I already grocery shopped early this morning and sipped my full fat Starbucks fancy coffee drink as I walked the aisles. No more of that for a while!
I won't get my plan ( for SOS) until sometime tomorrow so I will just make the best choices and start following the plan on Tuesday. I have done it before so this is nothing new. The plan will have set parameters for protein, fat, carbs etc. for me to follow. I actually kind of miss this. Kind of.
In order to succeed I really need to be ready for this and I feel I am now.
I have made 3 batches of protein pancakes. The brown rice is simmering on the stove and the chicken breasts are cooking in the oven. The protein powder should be here by Tuesday. The fridge is filled with containers of cottage cheese, romaine lettuce, baby spinach and low fat yogurt. This is actually nothing new for us, but I did have to dust off my food scale again so I know exactly how much is going in my mouth. This is how I have found the most success when trying to drop some pounds. It can be tedious and annoying at times, but it works for me!
Bring on Monday!
Protein pancakes:

6 egg whites
1 cup cottage cheese ( I use 1% milk fat)
1 cup dry oats ( old fashioned)
cinnamon ( optional)
vanilla ( optional)
sweetener of your choice ( I use Stevia)
Cook on stove top like a pancake
You can blend in blender or just stir really well.
I fill a 1 half cup and can get 5 pancakes out of one batch.

No comments: