Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tuesday

I actually exceeded my 6 recipes in 6 weeks! Take that!
On Sunday I made a loaf of banana bread with 1/2 cup cauliflower puree. It was very good!
This morning I used a1/2 cup of the same puree to make scrambled eggs. Amara asked for seconds! Both of these recipes get a thumbs up from me! If I remember correctly 6 out of the 8 recipes from the Deceptively Delicious cookbook were better than I expected. I might be making some repeats soon. Matt has asked for spaghetti pie again so I might make that this week.
Today I rejoined with my online trainer (www.cathysavagefitness.com). I still have high hopes of running the 25k this spring and this time I want to be properly fueled during my training instead of guessing on my behalf. I worked with this trainer to prepare for the figure show and I also joined from January to July of this year to aid in weight loss after having Miles. Since July I have only put on 2 pounds so I am very happy with that! I am very excited to see what happens next!
Since taking off from weight training these last few weeks my shoulders have been very happy. They feel normal.What a difference using 5 pound dumbbells make while doing a shoulder press. I am used to using 15-25 pounds for that exercise. I do miss lifting heavy, but I will be back at it soon enough. I hope my shoulders appreciate this rest as well.
Eating has been alright. I am probably very lax with it since I know I start my new "diet" and training in a few days. I have not gone hog wild by any means, but I sure am looking forward to all the Thanksgiving treats!
Happy Holidays!

Scrambled eggs:
2 large eggs
4 large egg whites
1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
1/2 cup cauliflower puree
2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan
Pinch of salt
Nonstick cooking spray
1 tsp. olive oil
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg whites, sour cream, cauliflower puree, Parmesan and salt.
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, then set the pan over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the oil. Add the egg mixture, reduce the heat to low, and cook, stirring frequently with a silicone spatula, until the eggs are scrambled—firm but nice and moist—2 to 3 minutes.

Banana Bread:
nonstick cooking spray
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 ts baking soda
1/4 ts baking powder
1/2 ts sea salt
1/2 ts ground cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 lg egg whites
1/2 cup pureed bananas
1/2 cup pureed cauliflower
1 ts pure vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9x5 loaf pan, or 2 mini pans, with cooking spray.
In a bowl, mix the flours with the baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, Mix the sugar and oil with a wooden spoon until well combined. Add the egg whites, pureed banana and cauliflower, and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and mix just until combined.
Pour the batter into prepared pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 55-60 minutes for a large loaf and 25-30 for 2 mini pans. Let cool on a rack for 5 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool before serving.

2 comments:

vanessa40 said...

Hi Marcia,
Thank you so much for the Banana Bread recipe.
I'll be sure and use that soon..
Great job with your weight too..I'm also looking forward to the Thanksgiving treats..
I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving..

Chrissy @ the Pearl Blog said...

when are you going to share these recipes (already made of course) with your Pregnant girl from the block?