Monday, September 15, 2008

Bottoms up!

Our family is settling in nicely with our eating habits once again. It's not that we were sitting around stuffing our faces with garbage, but we still did it a little more often then was needed. I am doing this first as a way to become healthy and to show my kids what it means to be healthy. That also means not making comments about how fat, ugly or dumb I am in front of her. That's easy for me since I am non of those things.....haha!! We are trying to teach her that it's not all about looks and all things beautiful ( she is in that stage of all things must be pretty) that it is important to eat well and exercise in order to stay healthy which will make her smart first and all the other things are just a bonus. Which leads me to announce that I have lost 4 lbs since the start of all this. Go me! Amara got her exercise in these pst 2 days by jumping in the puddles for at least 30 minutes for 2 days! It literally rained here for 48 hours without much of a break. She had the best time. I think I exercised 5 out of 7 days last week. Not too shabby. Matt made it to the gym a few times and went fishing.
Miles has been exercising--mainly his lungs. Not all crying thank goodness!
I think I was praising Miles' sleep habits a bit prematurely. That night was just a fluke.
He is now officially my problem child ( Amara is off the hook for now). Hopefully, whatever he is going through will be over soon. Like today. I have a feeling tonight is going to be another long night for us.
I need to take up drinking ( should probably start tonight). Not really, but all the "experts" make claims that drinking one alcoholic bevergae a day can do lots of stuff: increase good cholesterol, lessen heart disease, lowers risk of diabetes and breast cancer etc.
One study also claims that people that exercise and drink (I assume not at the same time) had a beneficial effect on thier heart. This is all good news. Or so I thought. The same study said to not start my 1 drink a day habit until I was 45 or 50 years old! Dang! Now I have to wait over 10 years to start my new hobby. I can either do that or have 1 drink a few times a week. I also know that "they" say red wines are best ( for all the good things that grapes provide) Anybody know of a cheap red wine that tastes sweet and more like a white wine?
Cheers!

No comments: