Thursday, September 18, 2008

What a day...

The last few days have been hazy. As I type it is 2:32am. I have no idea why I am awake-Miles has been sleeping since 7:30pm ( he woke up around 1:22am and was sleeping by 1:42am), I just never settled back into sleep for some strange reason. That's kind of how my day has gone today--or should I say yesterday??.
Amara had her fitness class today. So I decided it would be a good idea to walk there. It's only a 10 mintue walk from our house and we left a little late. Amara ( bless her heart) ran the entire way with me pushing Miles in his stroller behind her. We made it on time, good thing since class started late today for some reason. My plan was to take her to class and then enjoy a nice walk in the park a few feet from where Amara's class was held. Miles and I set out on our walk when I decided it was time to clean the ants off the stroller. ( Oh, I forgot to mention that..I noticed quite a few ants on the stroller when we left, but since we were late I let them be). None were on Miles and I wanted to keep it that way. I took Miles out of his stroller to clean the ants off. He ended up brushing up against the muddy stroller while I was cleaning...what's that you say?? That's not mud? Oh, of course not, it's dog poo! Nice. And to make matters worse I forgot the diaper bag at home and all I had was a tissue I snagged on the way out of Amara's school, of course it was full of ants and crumpled up. I wiped up what I could from Miles' pants and decided I was grossed out enough to walk home and change his clothes. We hurried home, got changed and disenfected and walked back to get Amara. What a start to my day!
At least Amara had a good time. She showed Miles and I more skills and then some! She was doing some walking lunges-I asked her if they did those in class. She said no, but you do these so I wanted to do them too ( tear) She also learned about whole grains and serving sizes which I elaborated on the imprtance of both.
I taught one class today ( Totally Toned) and walked a total of about 30 minutes and also had my weekly dose of my new obsession-ZUMBA!
I have fallen back into my good eating habits. I am not thinking about it, I just make good choices as if it is second nature again. Finally! Tonight for dinner we had tilapia. It's a mild white fish that is easy to make and tastes pretty darn good. I dreadged it in a few egg whites, seasoned it and then dipped it in Italian bread crumbs and baked it in the oven. I think tilapa is is one of Amara's favorite dinners. She usually takes about an hour to eat, but on tilapia night she takes less then 30 minutes-that includes her second helping of fish and she has to eat her sides first-tonight was sweet potatoes and broccoli. Stay tuned for my turkey meatloaf I am attempting tonight! I never liked anyone's meatloaf besides my dad's when I was growing up. I used to make one in college that used lots of salsa and corn that I thought was tolerable. I probably drowned it in ketchup
I never understood how restaurants even served meatloaf and why people would order it. That and pot roast in a restaurant-gross.
Anyway, I shuld try and sleep since I am sure Miles will get up as soon as I close my eyes..
The joys of parenthood- I wouldn't change it for the world!


vanessa40 said...

Hi Marcia,
I love your blog..
You are soooo funny.
I'll have to come here more often


Heather said...

Have I told you lately how awesome of a Mom you are??? Seriously girl, I love that you are teaching your kids to be healthy from the start. Not waiting until they start making bad choices & correct them when it's hard to fix.

What a nutty day anyway but I'm glad it turned out well!

Danielle said...

Girl I am sooo proud of how great this blog is looking. I have a killer meatloaf recipe I will send you!