Monday, September 22, 2008

Feel the pain

I am getting old. Either that or I am overtraining! I am sure it's overtraining......I'm not that old. My shoulders are a mess. I teach 8 classes a week and it is starting to catch up with me. My shoulderse are the first place to feel it, next it will be my knees. I'm not old. I really don't like backing off in my classes. I look kind of lame not doing the full 3 sets of ten pushups that I ask my classes to do. My problem is I might do that 3 days in a row. Not too smart. And then I expect to be able to workout on my own 3 days a week.
I am trying to figure out a way to separate reaching my personal fitness goals and teaching my fitness classes to my full potential. This is not an easy task, but I need to figure it out before I injure myself. In all of my 10+ years of teaching I have never injured myself ( knock on wood) and I want to keep it that way. It might help too if I incorporated more stretching in my day or a yoga class a few times a week.
I cannot believe I am actually certified to teach yoga! I taught it for about a year or so and stopped when I was 5 months pregnant with Amara. It's too slow for me. I'm all about action over here! I noticed a huge difference in my flexibility and I am the first to recommend yoga too. It's very hard to go to someone elses class after teaching 2-3 myself that day. The only exception is Zumba-but that's a given.
So I guess I have a lot to figure out in regards to finding balance in that area of my life. That and dinner. I have no idea what to make tonight. We usually end up having tuna sandwiches when I can't think of anything else.
On a side note ( I know, this is about the 3rd side note of this blog) the vegetable turkey meat loaf was a hit! Amara says she liked it ( with ketchup of course). Matt pretty much likes anything, so I was sure he would eat this without a problem. I liked the fact that it was really easy to make and that it's super healthy with all the vegetables inside. As Amara happily exclaimed "I can't even taste em'!!" Whew!

No comments: