Sunday, October 19, 2008

Half Marathon........

I thought I would be blogging about my last race of the year today. I made up my mind yesterday afternoon that I would not participate in the half marathon. Or should I say it was decided for me when I found out the price was almost $90! That's what I get for waiting to the last minute to make a decision. My pal Mary ran the race though and totally stomped her under 2 hour goal--way to go girl!
It was most likely a good decision though. I am way too competitive a person to settle for just jogging it at a normal pace (especially at that price!). That's just not my style. I probably would have hurt myself and that would be most unfortunate. I suppose I have something to look forward to next year......The good thing was that while the race was gong on I went grocery shopping; and since there were a few thousand people at the race, my shopping experience was great- no crowds at all. So worth skipping the race.....
More good news is that I am officially finished nursing my son! He got cut off this weekend. That probably sounds harsh, but I swear it wasn't. It was easeir that I thought. So, now I can stop using the excuse that I am nursing and need to keep my calories high-- dang! But in all honesty, I am very grateful, and blessed that I was able to nurse as long as I did. My goal with him was 6 months, so I really outdid myself (ha!).

2 comments:

Mary Letts said...

Well as much as I missed running side by side with you you are probably right....with the price of the race and since you were not training for it you would have not gotten your moneys worth. You bet your booty that you will be with me next year though!
Oh and congrats on no more breast feeding! You way outdid yourself! I give you tons of credit for going that long, not very many people stick it out like that. Your beautiful kiddos are most definately worth it though!

Unknown said...

I would have thought you were nuts for doing that last minute anyway! lol I had a friend do the Chicago marathon after not training...at all! NUTS!

And poor little man being cut off. How's he taking it? lol